If you’re in Delhi, you can’t miss visiting the Red Fort. This is one of the best monuments to go and watch in Delhi. It is a red sandstone architecture that gives you an insight into the architectural history of Delhi. It is also known all over the world as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Red Fort timing is 8:00am – 6:00pm. You can visit the Red Fort on any day of the week except on Mondays. The best time of the year to visit the Red Fort is from the month of October till the month of February. You can enjoy your day here watching the magnificent architecture and taking a stroll in the Red Fort complex. In the evening, you can enjoy the light and sound show which is another major attraction of the Red Fort.
- Monday To Saturday
- 8:00am – 6:00pm
- 8:00am – 6:00pm
- The real name of the Red Fort which is also known as Lal Qila is “Qila-e-Mubarak”. It translates to “The Blessed Fort”.
- The Red Fort was built over a period of ten years. It was started in the year 1638 and got completed after a decade.
- The Red Fort was actually white in colour. It was repainted by the British when the whitewash started wearing off.
How To Reach ?
- By Air:Delhi has good air connectivity with all the major cities of India and the world. Indira Gandhi International Airport is the major airport in Delhi which has both domestic and international flight services.
- By Rail:Delhi is connected to all the major parts of the country via railway. Here are some of the major railway stations in Delhi – New Delhi, Old Delhi, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Delhi Sarai, Rohilla, Delhi Safdarjung and Delhi Cantt.
- By Road:Delhi is well connected by roads. You can reach Delhi from all the major bus terminals in and around Delhi.