The Taj Mahal timing is 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. You can visit the Taj Mahal on any day of the week except Friday and the month of Ramadan. However, it remains open on Friday afternoons for Muslims who go there to offer prayers.
Timings & Visiting Hours
- Monday To Saturday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Taj Mahal Overview
If you are in India and haven’t visited the Taj Mahal yet, you are missing out on a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The Taj Mahal is a monument signifying the beauty of love. It is the perfect place to visit for newlywed couples.
- The Taj Mahal is considered to be a religious monument as it has a mosque inside the complex.
- Shah Jahan certainly built the Taj Mahal for his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal. But, he had other wives too who were buried in mausoleums just outside the Taj Mahal.
- The Taj Mahal is taller than Qutub Minar.
Best Time to Visit Taj Mahal
The best time to visit Taj Mahal is during the winter months (November to February) so that you can avoid the summer heat as well as the rainy season.
How To Reach?
- By Air: The nearest airport is the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Airport which is at a distance of 8.2 km from the Taj Mahal.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station to the Taj Mahal is the Agra Cantt station. From there you can get to the Taj Mahal through local transportation.
- By Road: Take buses from Agra or hire a taxi or auto. You can reach the Taj Mahal from the Idgah Bus Station in about 20 minutes.
Q. Which day Taj Mahal is closed?
Taj Mahal is closed every Friday and is only accessible in the afternoon for Muslims to offer prayers.
Q. What is the entry fee for Taj Mahal?
Entry fee to Taj Mahal is as follows:
- For Indians: INR 45
- For Foreigners and NRIs: INR 1,050
- For SAARC/BIMSTEC Visitors: INR 535
Note: Taj Mahal ticket with Mausoleum access will cost an extra INR 200.
Q. Can we visit Taj Mahal at night?
You aren’t allowed inside the Taj Mahal at night, however you can view it from a little distance.
Q. Is mobile allowed in Taj Mahal?
Mobile phones are banned during the night viewing of Taj Mahal.